Lynch Canyon Kite Festival
Lynch Canyon's Kite Festival is dedicated
to its Founder, Mike Rydjord
(September 8, 1946 - November 2, 2013)
Join us on May 1, 2021 from 10am to 2pm
Bay breezes, grassy hills and open fields make for ideal kite-flying conditions at Lynch Canyon.
The festival is FREE! Solano County Parks has generously waived the parking fee for this day.
WHAT TO BE PREPARED FOR:
(1) All ages and ability levels are welcome!
(2) Dogs are not allowed (to protect wildlife, rare plants, and free-range cattle).
(3) Expect rough, uneven ground.
(4) We do our best to minimize it for the festival, but expect some cow manure as this is a working ranch where free-range cattle roam as they please.
(5) There is no drinking water.
(6) Take only pictures, leave only footprints.
(7) Maintain a safe distance from cattle and wildlife, and be aware that this is tick, mountain lion, and potentially rattlesnake country.
WHAT TO BRING:
(1) A kite.
(2) Drinking water.
(3) A picnic lunch.
(4) Protection from sun, wind, fog and rain.
(5) Boots or sturdy closed-toe shoes.
(6) Your friends and family!
MEETING PLACE: The grassy field for kite-flying is right beside the parking lot.
CLICK HERE for directions to Lynch Canyon
WEATHER PLAN: Rain may cancel.