Lynch Canyon Kite Festival
The Solano Land Trust has been closely monitoring the evolving COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation. Effective Friday March 27, 2020 @ 5:00 p.m. all Solano Land Trust Properties are closed to the public. Unfortunately the Kite Festival for 2020 will be postponed at this time.
Lynch Canyon's Kite Festival is dedicated
to its Founder, Mike Rydjord
(September 8, 1946 - November 2, 2013)
Bay breezes, grassy hills and open fields make for ideal kite-flying conditions at Lynch Canyon.
The festival is FREE! Solano County Parks has generously waived the parking fee for this day.
WHAT TO BE PREPARED FOR:
(2) Dogs are not allowed (to protect wildlife, rare plants, and free-range cattle).
(3) Expect rough, uneven ground.
(4) We do our best to minimize it for the festival, but expect some cow manure as this is a working ranch where free-range cattle roam as they please.
(5) There is no drinking water.
(6) Take only pictures, leave only footprints.
(7) Maintain a safe distance from cattle and wildlife, and be aware that this is tick, mountain lion, and potentially rattlesnake country.
(1) A kite.
(2) Drinking water.
(3) A picnic lunch.
(4) Protection from sun, wind, fog and rain.
(5) Boots or sturdy closed-toe shoes.
(6) Your friends and family!
CLICK HERE for directions to Lynch Canyon
Questions? 707-432-0150 OR email@example.com