- This event has passed.
Wildflower & Critter Walk at Jepson Prairie Preserve
March 27 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Saturdays and Sundays from 10 -12, starting on March 12th – May 8th
Jepson Prairie Preserve is one of California’s best remaining examples of a vernal pool ecosystem and native grassland prairie. Dry and dormant most of the year, the prairie is transformed by winter rains into a tapestry of stunning colors, and its vernal pools host a rich diversity of rare aquatic life. Visitors can enjoy an easy guided walk which may include portions of the Preserve that are only accessible with a Jepson Prairie docent. Participants can learn about vernal pools and see the aquatic invertebrate and flowering plants that depend on them.
Volunteer docents offer tours every Saturday and Sunday starting at 10 a.m.-12p.m., March 12 through May 8 (Mother’s Day). No advanced registration required. For groups of 5 or more, RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. A minimum $5 donation is encouraged to attend this tour.
Please help us contain COVID-19 and protect ourselves and the public by following these recommendations from the CDC.
• Avoid entering the facility if you are feeling sick, or have a cough or fever
• Maintain a minimum six-foot distance from anyone who is not a household member
• Sneeze and cough into a cloth or tissue or, if not available, into one’s elbow
• Not shake hands or engage in any unnecessary physical contact
• Wearing a face covering is strongly recommended