** CANCELLED**Trail Crew Volunteer Opportunity at Patwino Worrtla Kodoi Dihi Open Space Park **CANCELLED**
December 5 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Come join us in building the first trails at Patwino Worrtla Kodoi Dihi Open Space!
- Get a sneak peek of the new trail system
- Meet cool people who care about land in Solano County
- Be part of the legacy of getting Patwino Worrtla Kodoi Dihi ready for public access
THIS EVEN HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
WHAT TO BE PREPARED FOR:
(1) This is an outdoor experience involving physical exertion. There is usually no shade. Be prepared to be moving outdoors for approximately four hours. Depending on the goals for the day, you may be hiking, doing physical work, and/or recording observations about plants and animals. You may be using hand tools like clippers; lifting, carrying and lowering supplies; bending over, squatting and kneeling on dirt, grasses and weeds; and sweating.
(2) Ages 12 and up who are comfortable with this kind of physical exertion are welcome—those under 18 must be accompanied by an adult and must have a liability waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian.
(3) Tools are provided.
WHAT TO BRING:
(1) A backpack with plenty of water and snacks.
(2) Sturdy work gloves.
(3) Eye protection (e.g., sunglasses).
(4) Boots or sturdy closed-toe shoes with tread for rough, steep, and slippery terrain.
(5) Long, sturdy pants and layered clothes you don’t mind getting dirty.
(6) Protection from the elements—sun (sunscreen, hat, sunglasses), wind, fog, rain.
Contact Jordan regarding questions about Trail Crew at Jordan@solanolandtrust.org
*Please note, cancellation of the hike may occur due to County Fire Danger Warnings and closures of open spaces and parks. Once registered, you will receive any updates should this ever happen.
Please help us contain COVID-19 and protect ourselves and the public by following these recommendations from the CDC.
• Avoid entering the facility if you are feeling sick, or have a cough or fever
• Maintain a minimum six-foot distance from anyone who is not a household member
• Sneeze and cough into a cloth or tissue or, if not available, into one’s elbow
• Not shake hands or engage in any unnecessary physical contact
• Wearing a face covering is strongly recommended
• All picnic areas are closed for public use