- This event has passed.
Community Science Volunteer Opportunity
October 8 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Wildlife use water troughs, too!
Help us make our new water troughs safer for wildlife by installing escape ramps! Come learn about grazing management on vernal pool ecosystems, and how we are using water to manage livestock and livestock to manage invasive species.
Meet at Jepson Prairie Preserve at 8:30. We will caravan to the site. Bring work gloves, water bottles, and sun protection. The location is often windy and very sunny, so we recommend dressing in light-weight layers.
Please help us contain COVID-19 and protect ourselves and the public by following these recommendations from the CDC.
• Avoid entering the facility if you are feeling sick, or have a cough or fever
• Maintain a minimum six-foot distance from anyone who is not a household member
• Sneeze and cough into a cloth or tissue or, if not available, into one’s elbow
• Not shake hands or engage in any unnecessary physical contact
• Wearing a face covering is strongly recommended